Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

background music for this website

S

Samsa

Has someone seriously suggested background music? Or are you only speaking theoretically, i.e. "if there was background music, this is what it would be..."?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
How about "Sunny Side of the Street" ("Grab your coat and grab your hat")?
Or "Putting on the Ritz" (Different types who wear a day coat pants with stripes and cutaway coat perfect fits...tryin' hard to look like Gary Cooper) ?

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep, music on web sites is considered pretty amateurish and/or annoying, and with most, the same song becomes pretty monotonous in short order. And there are some who want to sneak online at work without any sound cues tipping anyone off to non-work related surfing. If I want some music while surfing or working at the computer, I simply fire up iTunes.

That said, I'll have to toss Johnny Mercer's (You've Got to) Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I don't know about a theme song for the whole Fedora Lounge, but Harlem Nocturne would certainly fit the graphic at the top of the page.
However, I agree that a music track that automatically play when you log in would DEFINITELY be an annoyance.

Chas

One Too Many
I find music that pops up on websites to be (in the vast majority, anyway) highly irritating. I usually already have something on, anyhoo.

In keeping with this assertion, I will request a perpetually looped playback of "Achy Breaky Heart" sung in Cantonese.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Mike in Seattle said:
Yep, music on web sites is considered pretty amateurish and/or annoying, and with most, the same song becomes pretty monotonous in short order. And there are some who want to sneak online at work without any sound cues tipping anyone off to non-work related surfing.

Ditto all that. I detest websites that play music. I'll give the OP the benefit of a doubt and assume they meant "in theory". Everybody has a different taste in music.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I agree with Alex or versa vice.
Truly we don't need background music because we can open another window and choose the music we want while reading the posts.
I tend to play Suicidal Tendancies' "Instituionalized" to be in the proper mood. :D

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did we talk about this once before? Can't recall. Anyhow I say cartoon music. Just typical 40s background cartoon music...........:eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe