Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Oh we don't drink Northern drinks down here.
I'm taking a chance by drinking wine instead of beer, whiskey, or shine. ;)

Honestly, the drink does look good.
I'll have to check it out when the weather turns colder.

I like some of Devo's stuff, along with Flock of Seagulls.
But as the 80's rolled on, I was into Metal.
Iron Maiden as one example, but honestly they weren't heavy.
At the same time I could pull out a Who CD, or Robert Plant solo CD.
My tastes vary.
Of course Techo, that was a mistake.
Dern near made myself deaf with too much wattage.
Oh sure, it was neat to see how high you could bounce a quarter on the top of the car, when the bass hit, but now I'm paying for it, at least in one ear.
And that would be the side I have my wife sit on. :D

No such thing as it being a Northern drink. It has a long history with Jerry Thomas the world famous bartender of the time. He was the bartender who started it all with his published mixed concotions. :p RIP Jerry(1830-1885) Although he claimed to invent the drink and publicized it very well at the time, the drink was probably around long before he was. His recipe is still THE one to use though.

This time of year is PURRRrrrfect for being a black cat:

2658-bigthumbnail.jpg

If only I could get El Principe Luis to sit on a pumpkin like that. :p

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
HA! No, he's too busy making helmets of some nerdy character I've never heard of.

:rofl:

Yeah, let's think about that...

Superhero movies are making hundreds of millions of dollars every time one comes out. And 3 of the top grossing movies of all time are based on comics. (Another two are Star Wars, and number one is Avatar.)

Comic books have been around since 1933, and are still going strong. Sales run in excess of seven hundred million dollars a year.

Tens of thousands of people go to conventions all over the world, and quite a lot of them dress up in costumes. Oh, and a lot of those people in costume....they're doing it to raise money and awareness for charity.

Every major network and film studio is scrambling to get the right to "nerdy" projects or have already acquired them. Why? Because there is a bigger audience for it than ever before.

So, who's really the nerdy one here?

Superhero movies are making hundreds of millions of dollars every time one comes out. And 3 of the top grossing movies of all time are based on comics. (Another two are Star Wars, and number one is Avatar.)

Comic books have been around since 1933, and are still going strong. Sales run in excess of seven hundred million dollars a year.

Tens of thousands of people go to conventions all over the world, and quite a lot of them dress up in costumes. Oh, and a lot of those people in costume....they're doing it to raise money and awareness for charity.

Every major network and film studio is scrambling to get the right to "nerdy" projects or have already acquired them. Why? Because there is a bigger audience for it than ever before.

All of this reminds me that I have to look into getting some Marvel stock soon. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Superhero movies are making hundreds of millions of dollars every time one comes out. And 3 of the top grossing movies of all time are based on comics. (Another two are Star Wars, and number one is Avatar)... Every major network and film studio is scrambling to get the right to "nerdy" projects or have already acquired them. Why? Because there is a bigger audience for it than ever before.

And all of that takes us back to another thread here, doesn't it?;)

I wonder whether Hollywood is considering a project set in Hogan's Alley?

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab

You know I'm being sarcastic, right? :p

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK.
LET us think about it:
he who knows all the statistics about the comic books & superhero movies - he's the nerd in the room. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe