Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumn Mist

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Early Autumn mist makes for interesting pics in the back yard. My favorite time of year.

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

fedoralover

Bebop

Practically Family
Great photo. Really brings the feeling of autumn into view. There is nothing like autumn in the Great Northwest. It has a poetic smell and feel that one can't describe. I love it. While I have no photos, Spokane, which is not as popular as Portland or Seattle, is a hidden treasure of autumn wonders. Especially the outer Spokane area where I get to enjoy autumn.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Yes it is, a left over from summer. I can't take credit for the photo's, my daughter took them. However I did plant the bamboo.

regards fedoralover

Mycroft

One Too Many
I was voted off because I acually can survive, best of luck to the rest of them and I am still mad at you all. ;) (survivor reffernce). By the way have you seen any rat eaters in the "Bamboo Thicket of a Single Torch" I can see it now; Survior 12 zillion "Bamboo Thicket of a Single Torch in the Great Northwest".

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ooooo! I like the look of your back yard. Is that the invasive or non-invasive variety? What is the name of that particular bamboo? I've been wanting to do something like that in my back yard as well. Thank you for any info you can offer Fedoralover.

Cheers!

Dan

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely! My cousins and I used to play "Indiana Jones" in a patch of bamboo, but yours looks much more mysterious.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It's the invasive type commonly called a "Runner" as opposed to one's that don't called "clumpers". This kind is a hardy giant timber bamboo called "Phylostachys Vivax" or just "Vivax" for short. It can take cold temperatures without being hurt. In fact I had it contained with underground barriers so it would stay in a confined area, but this spring I dug them out to let it spread out. I want to double the size of the grove and make it more of a literal forest. Besides collecting fedora's, growing exotic Bamboo is my other hobby.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S