Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett + Kind Friend = THIS

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Just wanted to pop in and share what Art Fawcett and a kind friend did for me. Using my friend's vintage hat for inspiration, Art created the light grey, regular weight felt fedora below. (2 1/2" brim, 5 1/2" unlined crown, 13/16" ribbon.) My friend also provided images and measurements of ventilation holes from one of his vintage hats. How I then added vent holes to my own hat is a *closely guarded secret*. lol (Clue: it required higher technology than a leather punch.)

Anyway, here it is: my very first custom-made fedora. I love it! Clearly, Art is not on vacation ;)

AuctionsMay2007008-1.jpg
AuctionsMay2007009-1.jpg

AuctionsMay2007015-1.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Damn that looks good. It is unlined I assume? Nice ;)
Yes it is unlined as you clearly state. Perhaps I should read more and not just look at the pretty pictures

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Very cool and very much a thing they did back in the old days. good show Art and awsome hat.

Wear it well Marc.

I used to have holes like that made on my hats though the moths stopped doing them in the right patterns so I had to put them to sleep by crushing.

Benny Holiday

That hat looks so good, it actually took me a while to notice the lovely sunny day in the background. (Winter has hit Australia with a vengeance folks. It's freezing down here at the moment!) Marc knows I'm going to appreciate the colour, and the crown is superb. Great work gentlemen!

AlanC

Very nice, Marc. Glad to see Art got back to work. :D

What was the vintage hat that served as its inspiration? Could you show us a pic of the original?

NewMexExpat

One of the Regulars
Very Nice

Marc Chevalier said:

How I then added vent holes to my own hat is a *closely guarded secret*. lol (Clue: it required higher technology than a leather punch.).

Looks very nice on you. Congratulations! I remember seeing someone post a hat with that vent pattern, but not who, what or when. You're a brave man, Gunga Din. I don't think there are very many here would put holes in a brand new (or even old) Art Fawcett custom fedora.

What'd you use - dentist's drill? Dremel? Laser?

- Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust