Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco Ashtray

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Came across this during my travels on the net....It's an Art Deco ashtray. What a beauty.

Anyone familiar with these? This is the 1st picture of one I've come across, were/are they common?

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I inherited this ash tray from my Uncle, think it must be from the 20s. He was the Bad Uncle with all the cool stuff.
front
1357100586_2afadf5633.jpg

back
1357100594_49d0ee64e0.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
BJBAmerica said:
Came across this during my travels on the net....It's an Art Deco ashtray. What a beauty.

Anyone familiar with these? This is the 1st picture of one I've come across, were/are they common?

Is that original or a repro?

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
No idea.....Was looking for more info about it myself, think it is a really cool looking piece either way though.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I have a repro votive candle holder that is almost the same exact thing. In fact, it might be the same, but I'd have to look at the two to compare. It was sold at Restoration Hardware a few years back when they still sold cool stuff.

RedPop4

One Too Many
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK SMOKING ACCESSORIES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK MY CLOTHES STINK

COUGH COUGH COUGH

Check this out from CAO, a maker of cigars, pipe tobaccos and meershcaum pipes. This is called the CAO Cubist Ashtray. It's quite large, it would really crowd a small four-top. It sells for $129 which is why I won't be getting one anytime soon. But I really like the look and heft of it.

pimage_63.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe