Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone remember the TV series Homefront?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I absolutely LOVED this series. Wish they'd put it on DVD, but the latest I heard was that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I did happen to get some originals taped of the second season, though. I still think I liked the first season better.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Homefront was a great series-the ex and I watched regularly and were sorely disappointed when it wasn't renewed. Needless to say, it sure beat reality TV...

Weston

A-List Customer
I found a place that sells it for cost of materials to burn. Been considering an order...

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I only caught a couple of episodes before it was gone. I was very impressed. It had a feeling of authenticity that most shows trying to capture that period seldom pull off. I'd love to see it again.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
ohhh, that sounds *fantastic* but i don't have the money right now! i remember being interested in it (i was in junior high when it aired) but don't think i ever actually watched it. i wish netflix would carry it!

Flivver

Practically Family
Homefront was my favorite show at the time it aired. I probably saw every episode. I remember taping a few of the better episodes. Now I'm wishing I taped the whole series.

I'll have to dig out those tapes! (Hope I marked them well)

Hamilton_Honey... be careful about ordering bootleg DVDs on the internet. Not only is it illegal in many cases, but the dealers doing it are often not paragons of honesty. E-Bay has banned bootleg videos of copyrighted material for some time now.

I've been tempted by these a few times but after doing a Google search on the dealer would always find a whole string of dis-satisfied customers. The problems always ranged from poor quality, to non-delivery of the DVDs. I've never researched this particular dealer, but do yourself a favor and check them out before sending any money.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I'm surprised that no mention has been made of John Slattery who portrayed Al Khan, union organizer on Homefront -also being one of the primary characters on the new (as of last summer ) series Mad Men. John portrays Roger Sterling, partner of the ad agency Sterling Cooper. Talk about some really cool wardrobe opportunities...wow!

Staredge

One of the Regulars
Refused to watch it as it took the place of China Beach. Finally hooked into it in the second season.....fell MADLY in love with Kelly Rutherford (I love '40s hair) and then it got canceled. :eusa_doh:

I'd love to see it come out on DVD though.

Will

ShortClara

One Too Many
I would love love to get my hands (legitimately) on this, both for me and for my Best Friend. We still lament this series and Kyle Chandler in it! Hubba hubba!

FStephenMasek

One of the Regulars
My wife and I enjoyed Homefront, and wondered why it was not renewed.

There is very little on TV worth watching, so we only added basic basic cable to our our Internet connection account.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
I also enjoyed the show. I remember thinking that it was too good and dealing with serious issues in a very real way to make it.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So far, no legitimate release to DVD or VHS. The sites listed are pirated copies - homemade copies of broadcast, although I have no personal experience with any of the sites listed. If there were a legitimate, legal DVD release, it would be on Amazon & almost any other retailer. And I'm waiting for it as anxiously as everyone else. In time, everything's going to be available to view on demand, for download or on DVD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe