Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any know about this Flechet?

ZOMGuy

New in Town
I recently rediscovered a fedora in my closet. I got this from my uncle about 7 or 8 years ago when I was like 9 or 10... he got it at a Goodwill if I remember. It fit good when I got it, but now is far too small.

Does anyone know anything about this Flechet? Like value, age, whatever? All I know if that it's made of velour and appears to be pretty old...

And sorry for the poor quality images...took it with a cell phone.

photo0311cu7.jpg

photo0312fe6.jpg

photo0313dt5.jpg

photo0315gd0.jpg

photo0317si3.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Your hat was made by the Bollman hat company in PA. They had the license to make Flechet hats here in the US a few years ago but now make the hats using the Bailey name .

The 30s and 40s French-made Flechet hats i've handled have been of excellent quality, certainly the equal of Adam or Portis, though probably not as good as Stetson. And certainly not the quality of a Mossant.

I don't know the American "made-under-license" Flechets though? Given the sweatband it'll be a 60s or later hat maybe? I no expert . . .

bk

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The hat was made in the late 1980's or early 1990's. I still have a few of them in my store. They sold originaly for 65.00

mingoslim

Practically Family
besdor said:
The hat was made in the late 1980's or early 1990's. I still have a few of them in my store. They sold originaly for 65.00

So the question remains . . . how to they stack up . . . at least to other hats in the $50 - $75 price range?:)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The hat is a good hat but it retails today for around 110.00. Most 50.00 hats are made of wool . If you can afford it , buy a fur felt hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe