Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another new Guy

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hello All,

I thought I would introduce myself here as this is my primary area of collecting. Although, I am looking to eventually get another period civilian suit. Both of my grandfathers served in the war which is why I got started collecting. One was a plane captain/pilot in the Navy and the other was a crew chief in the 5th Bomb Group in the SWP. A friend of the family was in Merrill's Marauders as well.

Over the years I have amassed a small collection which includes an Ike jacket from one of the 'Airborn troopcarrier' groups, a B-15 painted by the C.C. who painted for the 100th BG and I just finished a complete Naval Cadets tux.
I hope someday to have a really nice collection but that will require a bigger house and more closet space.:D What are some of the more unusual/rare uniforms that other people have

Mike

p.s. How do I post post pictures here?

obxgyrene

New in Town
Mike:

I too am new to the Lounge. Since no one has yet replied, let me extend a "welcome aboard" to you. To post images, simply click on the "Insert Image" icon just above the area where you type your reply. If you mouse over these icons, a small title window will tell you what each icon does. Any images you post though have to be on a server, so you may have to upload them to a server because you can't just attach them from your PC.

Regards,
Robert

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Hi Mike
And welcome. I think nobody answered because normally you introduce yourself in the "sticky thread" in the "Observation Bar". You just went under the radar - so to speak. But anyway: You'll get a lot of friends here and obtain a lot of knowledge from fellow loungers. Have fun!
reg. pictures: I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can post pics - 10 or 20 maybe. Use photbucket as a server - that's what most of us do.
Cheers - and welcome aboard.

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
Hello Mike

This is a great forum with such a wide variety of topics up for discussion. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe