Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALIEN....the prequel?

vintage68

Practically Family
How.......odd. A movie that takes place before the alien was discovered?

Anyway, Scott will NOT be directing, he and his brother Tony are attached as producers. The director is Carl Rinsch. Yeah, who?

Maybe it will involve the mining crew that originally "discovered" the species in Scott's first movie?

I predict it won't have a happy ending;)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
attached but not final

vintage68 said:

Anyway, Scott will NOT be directing, he and his brother Tony are attached as producers. The director is Carl Rinsch. Yeah, who?

Maybe it will involve the mining crew that originally "discovered" the species in Scott's first movie?

Actually Rinsch was mentioned months ago:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/27/carl-erik-rinsch-to-direct-alien-remake/

but FOX is holding out for Ridley Scott:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/30/ridley-scott-to-direct-alien-prequel/

This may all be to drum up publicity as they test the waters for this prequel.
Sigourney Weaver has expressed interest but how do you fit her in? Unless its in flashbacks or timetravel, as with Old Mr Nimoy appearing as Spock in the latest Trek movie.

The Alien franchise has been run into the ground, so FOX might not produce this film w/o Ridley Scott or Sigourney Weaver.

Im REALLY looking forward to Ridley Scott developing Forever War.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Weaver can be her own mother... Her mother worked for the corporation that got her the job on the mining ship knowing that her daughter Ripley would run into the Aliens...

In fact, even better... She's a clone of a scientist that was making Ripley to be impregnated by the aliens... and something went wrong... She developed a soul so they put her on the mining ship where they incidentally ran into the aliens that the Ripley clone was chosen not to meet though did... that making any sense?

Edward

Bartender
Mmn. Any chance this is a ploy to hyp up interest in the franchise before the inevitable Blu Ray rerelease in limited edition (of 1 million) Alien-head-shaped-box 'collector's edition' box set?

Cynic, moi?

Mickey Caesar

Familiar Face
vintage68 said:

Wasnt Aliens vs Predators a prequel? It took place in 2000 which was well before the events in Alien.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
spoilers to the prequels

Looks like one of the minds behind LOST has stepped into the ring
http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1109226p1.html

BTW, this could undo the previous interviews where Ridley Scott divulged that his scripts would necessitate two prequels that investigate the origins of the wrecked ship laden with ALIEN pods from the original 1979 movie:
http://totalscifionline.com/news/5137-ridley-scott-reveals-info-about-alien-prequel

And here Scott mentions a possible collaboration with HRGiger, the original designer who made some of the movie props as well.
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/04/23/alien-prequel-update-ridley-scott/

In the Alien Vs Predator film they show that there is some type of Mayan temple in Antartica that the Predators used for their sport of fighting the Alien species. For that to work wouldn't we need to go back to an Antartica that was relatively free of snow and ice? That's a prequel span of thousands of years maybe.

Or in this one the Aliens steal a mining vessel and go back in time to stop Ripley from being born, the Predators have to send back a cyborg to prevent this from happening.:p

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Finding this on the Fedora Lounge, I expected to hear that the Aliens crashed in New Mexico in 1947, and the U.S. Army had to wipe them out and cover up the evidence. [huh]

That reminds me, I once wrote up a draft script of an alien-invasion movie set immediately after World War Two, that was based on the Roswell/Mount Rainier/Foo Fighter incidents. I think I did that the summer Independence Day came out.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe