Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AL Grizzley/Dirt Rider

simonc

Practically Family
Black on black grizzly is hard to beat and although I'm tempted to say heavy steer, I'd steer clear of the steer and go for HH ftw no texture just straight FQHH black. Wait they don't do HH, what? Then heavy steer smooth. And get them to lay the fleece out better. Don't like the shape they have on the front and it should have a bald patch over the shoulders too. Not too crazy about the wrist straps either. Do some digging.

Last edited:

Scotia_steve

New in Town
Black on black grizzly is hard to beat and although I'm tempted to say heavy steer, I'd steer clear of the steer and go for HH ftw no texture just straight FQHH black. Wait they don't do HH, what? Then heavy steer smooth. And get them to lay the fleece out better. Don't like the shape they have on the front and it should have a bald patch over the shoulders too. Not too crazy about the wrist straps either. Do some digging.

I like the oil steer - this will be a winter jacket (not motorbike).

Quite like this one.

http://fcancan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/la-gazette-du-grizzly.html

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
I have to say: I like what Alexander leather is doing with their site: lots of options as far as sizing/measuring is concerned and with the video section at least you get an idea about the cut and fit of a jacket that surpasses a static image. It all comes down to the execution of course but to me at least it feels more reassuring than just being able to pick a generic size from a dropbox list.

Scotia_steve

New in Town
Yes, I made some videos for them as a case study for our fashion video line, but still trying to get to the bottom of what works, what doesn't, and it's a bit of a learning curve. But since visiting here some months ago, I've become a big fan of these jackets so hopefully that comes through (no connection to the company though, just a fan of their jackets and like them to deal with).

Doing motorcycle and automotive video now too which will be another labour of love.

I'm thinking with the grizzly that Horween would be too heavy - what lining though? Moleskin?

It will be a winter jacket so it needs to be warm. It's not something that I would have liked say 6 months ago but it's grown on me. Just don't want to look like a care bear!

So far have a roadster in buffalo, roadster in brown steer, roadster in black, couple of others. Need a bigger wardrobe and luckily have an understanding wife!

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
For the video and size/fit approach i personally feel that what mrporter.com does is absolutely brilliant, closely followed by matchesfashion.com Both are in the UK and I order basically all my threads with them. NEVER had a sizing issue yet.

The grizzly is an acquired taste for sure, it wouldn't be for me -always vision how it would look after a heavy downpour- but to each his own. For the winter liner a moleskin would work, or a heavyweight tartan or (if you don't feel it's too scratchy) alpaca. Anything but sheep, that would be..errr...excessive I think in combination with the rest. Although it might get you free access to certain clubs that cater to particular tastes ;-) Myself I'd pick a light liner and layer up underneath, maximum versatility.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I met Hito from Aero Japan and he really rocked a grizzly. I just think you have to have the right attitude and level of cool to carry it off.:D

simonc

Practically Family
The Grizzly is one of the coolest jackets around, no doubt about it. If you are going with AL to make it do your research and suggest your details to them, also I know they will do double lined jackets so I'd go for alpaca with drill over it this will make the lining warm and durable. For me Aero make a better Grizzly. But that doesn't mean you can't give a list of details to AL to get one right for you. Do it man, black on black, none cooler.

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Yes, I made some videos for them as a case study for our fashion video line, but still trying to get to the bottom of what works, what doesn't, and it's a bit of a learning curve.

Well, you need to pull focus manually, nobody gets professionally looking results with the autofocus hunting around !

Scotia_steve

New in Town
Well, you need to pull focus manually, nobody gets professionally looking results with the autofocus hunting around !

Yes, that's manual focus pull on a 50mm prime.

It's more what do you want to see in a video? Pocket detail, leather thickness, feel, grain etc.

There is a brown/brown grizzly on the way, looking forward to seeing he it looks..l

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe