Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's Button Sleeve

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Question for those with an Aero jacket with the button sleeve...Are you able to get the jacket on with the sleeve buttoned, or must it be unbuttoned to get it on?

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
I've got a Pioneer, and the answer is "yes."

I would imagine, though, it would depend greatly on the cut and style of the jacket. As you live in Seattle, you could always head over the Insurrection/Thurston Bros. and try on several models with the button sleeves. If you order one, I'm pretty certain Carrie could request Aero make the cuff a little wider, if that's necessary.

pauleway

Practically Family
Question for those with an Aero jacket with the button sleeve...Are you able to get the jacket on with the sleeve buttoned, or must it be unbuttoned to get it on?

Buttoned! I think it depends on how big of a hand you have though, they can tailor it to your liking!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Buttoned for both my Teamster and Pioneer. I have tried on a 30's HB in the past and no problem with it buttoned. HOWEVER, I have skinny hands/wrists and long fingers. Someone who is ham fisted with hands the size of a catcher's mitt might need to unbutton first.

Edward

Bartender
30s Halfbelt and modified Bootlegger (with button cuffs) - both FQHH. The Halfbelt has thed single thickness, the Bootlegger the leather-lined style. Both slip on easily without unbuttoning. I have once or twice un-and-rebuttoned them out of curiosity: the Halfbelt buttons go in and out easily, but the Bootlegger would take a lot of work before they were just so easy to do up and undo with that extra layer of horse.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
FQHH Maxwell.

Despite large hands, easily while buttoned. (A function of the button vs cuff placement.)

191b7aee-f48f-4224-9558-aa7b366ef15b.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually Dr Seuss meant to write:

Unless your hand's a side of mutton
You'll be struttin'
While you button
Yes you will,
Indeed you will
And you'll find that it's a thrill
To wear your Aero leather
All through the cooler weather
And to think that you will never
Need to unbutton the cuff
'Cause that horsehide's pretty tough
Yes, it's made of sturdy stuff.

;) :D

And welcome to the Lounge!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

Oddly, I thought to myself today 'It's getting warmer' and changed over from LHB to my DB! Scotland: where leather is an all-year-round thing...

frussell

One Too Many
I also have fairly large hands, and don't have any trouble getting mine through the cuffs while buttoned on my Teamster. The button doesn't reduce the sleeve opening on mine, more of a cool-looking accessory. If it had a second button to make it tighter, like some shirts, that would be different. No worries, plus, I think it's one of the better looks on a sleeve/cuff. Frank

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Actually Dr Seuss meant to write:

Unless your hand's a side of mutton
You'll be struttin'
While you button
Yes you will,
Indeed you will
And you'll find that it's a thrill
And to think that you will never
Need to unbutton the cuff
'Cause that horsehide's pretty tough
Yes, it's made of sturdy stuff.

;) :D

And welcome to the Lounge!

Benny: Outstanding!!

Perhaps another verse for your daughter.

With my cuffs a buttoned,
I'll be struttin
Across the floor
And out the door.
Though my credit be nuttin,
Please keep them cuttin
In that leather store
Near the Scottish Moor.

(While my geography may not be precise, a little literary license, perhaps?)

Thank you for the welcome!

The Fedora Lounge: Come for the leather pundits. Stay for the pugilistic poetry.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha love it! I'll have to show Ella tonight, she'll get a real kick out of our Dr Seuss poetry! Maybe my wife will say, "Wow, you guys are so clever, you know I think I'll let you buy another leather jacket." Yeah right!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe