Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero prices increased

Aero UK increased prices overnight. Aero USA prices shown will only be good for a few more days. Price hikes were necessary due to higher costs of leathers and (freight/shipping).

FYI. If you are on the fence, order now!

Last edited:
Yep, sorry for them - not their fault. But Mark told me a few more days of his prices, so there's still time. It's the times we are livin' in...

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
Mark actually had every model at 10% off a couple days ago on eBay. The price hike doesn't surprise me. As mentioned in one of the earlier threads, I think it has a lot do with all the customizations people are requesting too.

I'd be interested in where they get their horsehide from. I was under the impression that the horsehide we see here in the US is sourced from Mexico.

rippsnorter

New in Town
Glad I ordered my Bootlegger when I did. I got in on the 10% off from Mark a month ago. I had been thinking I should have waited, but I'm glad I ordered when i did now!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
That's tough. They had already increased their prices at the beginning of the year. The Barnstormer costs now £150 more than last year. I wanted to buy one, but I won't after this increase. Too much is too much.

QTime

New in Town
oh come on they must be kidding. wasn´t there just a price increase 1 year ago (about 100 pounds as well)?

just checked. 2 years ago a jacket was about 450€ - now its 750€. i mean seriously, either they miscalculated hardly 2 years ago or they are trying to milk as now.

make it 2000€ a jacket but deliver it within 10days - then we´re talking. 800€ and half year of wait? sucks.

Last edited:
Aero's prices are realigning to be closer to many of the other top makers.

The price is what it is. The product is what it is. My own view is that Aero's hides are too heavy in general (except their goat) for a vintage reproduction, but they're not really vintage reproductions so …

When it comes down to it, no-one has to buy an Aero. If you don't like the price, go elsewhere (not directed at anyone in particular).

bk

Lear

One of the Regulars
Yep. Nobody like price hikes - and I'm assuming the vendors don't either - but if it's not in your budget, you have options.

1) Keep saving.
2) Buy used.
3) Buy a cheaper jacket.

Like I said, there's still time to put in an order with Aero USA.

The price is what it is. The product is what it is. My own view is that Aero's hides are too heavy in general (except their goat) for a vintage reproduction, but they're not really vintage reproductions so …

When it comes down to it, no-one has to buy an Aero. If you don't like the price, go elsewhere (not directed at anyone in particular).

bk

Yep, totally agree with what you both say. Just thought it funny that I'd read the above link last night.

Lear

bk

The main reason I wanted an Aero(s) was because of the heavy hides. I want thin hides for two jacket styles - A2 & G1. Otherwise, I want a horse or a cow on my back! :)
The B3 I just got my son is of insane quality. I've never seen anything like it - whether or not it's a fully-authentic reproduction is of no consequence to me. I don't fly a B-24 or B-17, and neither does he.

Edward

Bartender
I've never gathered how well Aero do their B3s and B6s; I gather their Irvins are a little shy of the mark in accuracy terms, but I don't know about their USAAF shearlings. I do wish they'd do a B2, though: I'm sure they cold do a superb one.

Edward

Bartender
Ye-haaa I ordered just before the price increase......again :D

Yeah, I got my Bootlegger just before they put the prices up the last time, which was at the beginning of 2010. I don't think they're doing too badly putting them up again over a year later. I'd love to be able to pay less, but alas that's the nature of things. I see the steer is still a bit cheaper than the horse; I'm sure it's expensive for them. I don't know what their tax position is, though I imagine like everyone else they've been hit by the VAT increase in the UK. They're still competitive with the rest of the industry, though.

I'd agree. Look at the prices of other top-shelf makers. And some aren't even taking orders right now. I doubt Aero wants to raise prices - it means some lost business. But in the end, it IS a business, and they are just like us - trying to get by.

Metatron

One Too Many
Their prices have just gone over the limit of what I would pay. However... military jackets still cost the same, at least they are listed as such. Maybe it's just the front quarter stuff that has become more expensive?

Their prices have just gone over the limit of what I would pay. However... military jackets still cost the same, at least they are listed as such. Maybe it's just the front quarter stuff that has become more expensive?

I saw that too. Or maybe they have a stock of the lighter hides? Not sure, but if you want one of any style, I'd order soon.
B3's etc. still the same as well, but this could be temporary. Your observation makes sense as the FQHH seems to be their big seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe