Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 25 year old Highwayman

dan_t

Practically Family
is inbound to me & should arrive by the end of next week.
It looks like it's in excellent condition, hardly worn & the measurements seem to line up....
......what could possibly go wrong?

Previous (& only) owner claims to have bought it in Scotland in 1991 and it has spent most of its life on very light duties.

Oh well, let see if the jacket gods are smiling on me.

Last edited:

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to pictures. Hopefully it has acquired a nice vintage look. Good luck!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Be sure to send fit pics, measurements, and impressions on arrival as you, PAWINEGUY, and I are all more or less the same size. Always interesting to experience vicariously the victories of certain other members. :cool:

dan_t

Practically Family
Well, I arrived home from working interstate all week, expecting a parcel to be waiting for me. No Parcel.
Contacted the sender & after many calls and emails, have come to the conclusion that someone has stolen my jacket.
The courier evidently left a calling card in my mailbox (as is the normal process) and dropped the parcel off at the local post office.
It seems that someone has taken this card out of the letter box & presented it at the post office and collected the jacket - bastards!

There's not a thing that the post office can do & I think I'll head down to the police station this afternoon to file a report. At least the post office claim to have video footage.

Really crappy way to end a working week....... I was all excited and all.....

I wonder if I have any chance of getting my money back.....

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
this is terrible news :( I lost 6 or 7 packages over few years here with our postal service... (although none of them worthy of further investigation price wise)

you sure it is not a prank by people you know?

once the police is involved, all Aussies here are going to be interrogated I tell you :D (joke)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I arrived home from working interstate all week, expecting a parcel to be waiting for me. No Parcel.
Contacted the sender & after many calls and emails, have come to the conclusion that someone has stolen my jacket.
The courier evidently left a calling card in my mailbox (as is the normal process) and dropped the parcel off at the local post office.
It seems that someone has taken this card out of the letter box & presented it at the post office and collected the jacket - bastards!

There's not a thing that the post office can do & I think I'll head down to the police station this afternoon to file a report. At least the post office claim to have video footage.

Really crappy way to end a working week....... I was all excited and all.....

I wonder if I have any chance of getting my money back.....

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi Seb, my letter box is locked too. They've obviously gone to some length to pull out whatever is in the boxes via the slit through which the mail is placed.
I've lodged a report with the local police, but let's be realistic - the jacket is gone & it's not coming back.
Many things about this shit me, but most of all is that the turd who stole this will have less than zero appreciation of a fabulous, well cared for 25 year old classic jacket.
Aussie loungers, please keep your eyes out in the usual places for a black highwayman in a 42 being offered for sale. Although I doubt they'll use anything more than 'black leather jacket for sale $50' in the advert.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Dan,
Don't you have to provide photo ID to collect from the PO? I always do. They should be liable for not following procedure. If paid with PayPal, you might have a crack at insurance/ refund.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
check that video first, in my country the culprit is usually inside the postal service itself as they employ non staff extra hands to sort packages, I suspect they watch the xray scanner too and mark the ones they could steal, in my cases the ones sent without tracking number "economy Intl shipping" in Ebay's term

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm pretty sure you have to show ID with the corresponding address on pickup so either someone at the Post Office did it or they were negligent. Either way, surely they are responsible for compensation right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe