Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice needed for 50s West-German fashion style

Rotary Dial

New in Town
Greetings, enthusiasts!

I'm not sure if I post this in the right category, I'm new to the forums and hope to find advice here (but I'm sure already about having found people minded likewise and as fascinated with the past as me here).

My fascination with the past, the 50s in particular started when I visited museums with my father as a young child, the furniture looked so different and elegant, this impression really .
When I was 15 I bought my first triangle desk, started collecting valve radios and on it went.
What I never managed or what never came to me though was to style accordingly, the thought struck me several times but never really caught up until this january when I found pleated pants in a local store that suit my image of period-correct ones rather well.
As the Vintagedancer website was my main information source until now I've been wondering about mid to end-50s style in Western Germany, how much did it differ from American fashion of the time?

I'm well-equipped with v-neck pullovers, the trousers are my main concern, they seem hard to find, especially the high-waisted variant, also tie pattern inspiration is needed here.

Sincerely,
Kai

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KalterKrieg72