Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adams Question.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
JohnnyGringo said:
Is there a club for too many hats and too many shoes? Is this really possible?

There is nothing unusual, wierd, or eccentric about having a lot of hats. The last issue of AARP Magazine has an article about a guy who has hundreds (maybe thousands) of jars of MUSTARD! Now thats... :D

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
There is nothing unusual, wierd, or eccentric about having a lot of hats. The last issue of AARP Magazine has an article about a guy who has hundreds (maybe thousands) of jars of MUSTARD! Now thats... :D

Yup. Mustard looks stupid on your head.

:fing28:

MAB1

Suspended
Having too many hats only applies if they don't fit and... you can't find appreciative heads for them to fit. :D

MAB1

Suspended
jamespowers said:
I only have one head but there are 365 days in a year so a hat for everyday is my goal. :p ;)

That is a great goal. :)

I think of it as seasonal. I'm nowhere in the collection realm as you guys.

But, what I end up doing is... wearing the latest (new toy syndrome). And sometimes that calls for things like shrinking stretching and shaping. It takes time to make it your own.

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Man, I'm a Noob, fer shure! I'm only thinking about maybe 10-12 hats total.

I suppose one fo y'all will now say:

"You have much to learn, Grasshopper!" :D

Later!

Stan

Justdog

Practically Family
Adam Hats

Adam hats may have used current designs to emulate but I also believe they had the skill to innovate, great American spirit. I have 2 executive quality one premier, One looks exactly like a stratoliner, one an open road and the other a reverse tapper(premier), not based on anything I know.
Great hats, the premier was evaluated by my hatter and he told me it was of excellent quality having worked with Stetson Biltmore and seen most makes in over 30 years of hatting. The gray executive (silver belly) was unblocked and all I did was push in the top and pinch the crown, it is definitely my favorite hat. Something also about Adam hats is that they had a lot of advertizing power. They threatened to pull this advertizing in protest to McCarthyism. Obviously they had integrity.

Lorne

One of the Regulars
Hello All,

I just did a trip to Charlestown SC. While walking through the old town market I found a rather well stocked hat shop.

I happened to be wearing my Adams Majestic and the sales person behind the counter asked what it was made of.

I told her I thought it was wool felt, as I hadn't seen a tag in it saying anything else.

The sales person felt the hat and said she thought it was beaver. This hat is rather soft (and very comfortable by the way) and I always thought it was wool.

Now, my hat dates back to the 40's or very early 50's. It has a tag in it that says the price is $6.

Is the Majestic wool or fur?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust