Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam Ant

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That 'e did indeed, me hearty

There was no one else like him back in the early 80's, was there? Only last year a friend loaned me her treasured Adam Ant box set, and I learned from the extensive booklet that went with it that he knew the Sex Pistols very well and was also a pioneering Punk artist back in the late 70's. Very interesting fellow.

So does that make the fedora a natural progression from the tricorn hat? :)

Benny Holiday

Well if it doesn't, it won't be for lack of trying on the part of the merchandisers of the Pirate movies. They're marketing the living daylights out of anything and everything they think teens and pre-teens will buy that's associated with the fad they've built out of the movies. I've been waiting for kids lining up to have their eyebrows pierced to be replaced with kids getting their legs cut off below the knee and getting wooden 'peg-legs' put on instead! lol

Tricorns would still be cooler than baseball caps!lol

I just remembered being 13 years old and wearing my zinc cream at the beach painted across my nose in a stripe to imitate Adam! Ah, those were the days!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Benny Holiday said:
Tricorns would still be cooler than baseball caps!lol

I just remembered being 13 years old and wearing my zinc cream at the beach painted across my nose in a stripe to imitate Adam! Ah, those were the days!

And were you wearing your official Adam Ant tri corner hat too? :D
(C'mon,...admit it! lol )

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Classic Style celeb interview options...

Wouldn't the likes of Van Morrision and Adam Ant be really interesting interview subjects for the Classic Style magazine, as I have always associated them as staunch hat wearers.
Adam Ant looks 'great' in his middling years wearing a hat. Class Act!

carebear

Matt Deckard said:
Who here has a tricorn?

Couldn't one just take an untrimmed hat blank and fold up the sides? I was watching "The Patriot" the other day and that's all the poorer guy's hats appeared to be, no finish or binding to the edges. Just a couple loops of twine to hold the flaps up.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Elvis.

trir-vi.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
Who here has a tricorn?
I do. I've also got my stockings, and patterns for front-fall breeches and a hunting shirt, though that's as far as I got towards my Leatherstocking look. That and a few small accoutrements, like my flint, steel, and tinderbox, possibles bag, etc.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Who here has a tricorn?

I've had one back in the days when I was doing the Eastern Longhunter reenactments and reading everything Mark Baker had to wride in Muzzleloader Magazine. I had bought it as a raw flat brimmed hat at a Mountain Man Rondezvous, folded up the three sides and did a quick tack (X) stitch to hold it in place. Wore that poor hat out.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally