Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam Ant

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
_39153730_ant_hat203.jpg

adam_ant.jpeg
dPAant2001.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
He matured into a dashing fellow, didn't he? But the sight of him with that gray hair is making me feel ancient!

I will miss that war paint and frock coat, but this is a much more classic look; that of an English country gentleman.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Adamant

Adam Ant actually took his name from the manufacturers livery stamped on urinals used in English pubs called 'Adamant'. I don't know why; I thought that would be an interesting sidenote. ;)

(Next time in an old English Pub, check it out!)

Cheers lads!!
-dixon cannon

mikepara

Practically Family
Apart from the 1st pic..

...thought it was Benny Hill.

Adam Ant never looked bad in his life. Silly sometimes, Cringeworthy on others but never bad. A icon for lots of us 40 somethings.

Pity he's ill. I miss seeing him live.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Dixon Cannon said:
Adam Ant actually took his name from the manufacturers livery stamped on urinals used in English pubs called 'Adamant'. I don't know why; I thought that would be an interesting sidenote. ;)

(Next time in an old English Pub, check it out!)

Cheers lads!!
-dixon cannon
Interesting indeed. I don't know why, but I thought of Adam Ant last week; I noticed this thread with keen interest just because of the coincidence (I'm pretty sure I thought of him before I saw this thread...). What I thought when the name came to me was, "Gee, that name was common when I was in my teens, but it's only now, 20 years later, that I see that name and immediately think 'adamant.'" For the first time I liked the name because of that 'double entendre.' As I'm sure you all could guess, with a name like Adam, you get called everything under the sun. Adam Ant was big when I was a kid, so it really annoyed me to have to hear it all the time. Now I seem to dig it. I am an adamant kind of guy.

Dixon Cannon

adamgottschalk said:
Interesting indeed. I don't know why, but I thought of Adam Ant last week; I noticed this thread with keen interest just because of the coincidence (I'm pretty sure I thought of him before I saw this thread...). What I thought when the name came to me was, "Gee, that name was common when I was in my teens, but it's only now, 20 years later, that I see that name and immediately think 'adamant.'" For the first time I liked the name because of that 'double entendre.' As I'm sure you all could guess, with a name like Adam, you get called everything under the sun. Adam Ant was big when I was a kid, so it really annoyed me to have to hear it all the time. Now I seem to dig it. I am an adamant kind of guy.

Well, you certainly sound adamant about it! Indoubtably! ;)

-dixon cannon

Benny Holiday

The Dandy Highwayman

adamantguns.jpg

I've always been a huge Ant fan, even 25 years after first hearing his music and digging his theatrical look for the first time. Adam Ant rocks!

Benny Holiday

Carebear, now you come to mention it . . .

there is something Jack Sparrowish going on there! Maybe Mr Ant should have a guest role in the last Pirates movie?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally