Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Different Buckaroo

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No disrespect intended for Major Moore but here is an entirely
unrelated Buckaroo hat. A Stetson Buckaroo, from Canada.

4393672268_503e327a37.jpg

A nice, white Stetson. I'm guessing late 50s, early 60s.

4392906465_7566fb4037.jpg

4392905241_fd7d34a04c.jpg

4392901527_d5ff8b8d99.jpg

It's a 7 3/8 and this time I did not get lucky. It does not fit me.
For some reason I am reluctant to stretch this one. It's so perfect...
Anyway I have a couple of other white Western hats I don't wear much
as it is. I could be talked into parting with it. Meanwhile, enjoy.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Now that is a beautiful western hat. I should one day get a white one for myself. Do you know how high the crown is, or how about the width of the brim?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Anyway I have a couple of other white Western hats I don't wear much
as it is. I could be talked into parting with it.

True to his word, feltfan was indeed talked into parting with this lid -- several tiki drinks into the evening...;)

The liner is just fantastic -- and makes this one my official Spin & Marty tribute hat. :D

The original box for this lid is utterly unique -- a Stetson box that mimics the style and colors of vintage Dobbs boxes. Very cool. The hat itself has a 3" brim, and the open crown is 5 1/2". The liner is sewn-in, and there is an old-style red and white sticker underneath the sweat -- sans the John B. Stetson/Philadelphia lingo. The size tag has that metallic look associated with Canadian Stetsons. The felt is western weight, and has a very nice feel to it -- reminiscent of vintage Stetson 3X Westerns.

In creasing this lid, I really did want to keep more of a Western feel -- so, no teardrop. That being said, I'm not one for the upturned brim, so I began by reshaping things in that area. Given the lack of real estate in the crown usually found on higher-crowned Westerns, this lid posed a bit of a challenge. I went with a modified center dent (with a raised ridge running down the middle), and I sloped the rake of the hat slightly toward the front. I like the way it came out.

Thanks, feltfan -- I love this Stetson Buckaroo!

BuckBox.jpg

Buck-1.jpg

BuckLiner.jpg

BuckSweat.jpg

BuckTag.jpg

Buck-2.jpg

Buck-3.jpg

Buck-4.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great! That hat is much better off with you
than it was with me.

I hear string ties are coming back in the greater Detroit area...

jwalls

Vendor
Absolutely beautiful, nothing looks as good as a great white hat. I just can not keep one clean.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld