Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s DB suit jacket size 44 - trade for size 38-40

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Hello all!

I recently picked up this jacket and in all my excitement of finding it, hoped that I'd be able to get it altered however I needed to get it to fit. Well, I'm back down to earth and as I learn more about this whole suit/clothing thing almost daily, realize that it would pretty much destroy the jacket to get it altered to where I need it.

I am a size 39R or so. I can go one size up or down. That's about it. This jacket wears like a 44. The sleeves are 26.5" from the top of the shoulder stitching. It is just too much to get it altered, so I'd love to trade it to someone who has a similar jacket in a size 38-40 that is a little too small for them.

This is a very, very nice jacket. It has a nice bluish/gray pattern. The actual outer fabric is fantastic - I cannot find a single point of wear, nor stains, nor fades, nor moth holes. The outside is in EXC+ condition. The inside is in great shape too. The 2 things I noticed that keep it from being near mint is some discoloration (looks like sweat stains) on the lining on the first 3-4 inches of each cuff. Also, there is a 2" long section of stitching that has come undone under one of the arms. That's it.

I'd very much like to do a straight trade for a similar peaked lapel 1940s jacket in a smaller size. Please PM me or respond to this thread if you have what I'm looking for and I have what you are looking for:)

Thanks!

p2292343-vi.jpg

p2292344-vi.jpg

p2292345-vi.jpg

p2292347.html

p2292348-vi.jpg

p2292349.html

p2292349-vi.jpg

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
With the pants (hey, with the waistcoat!) that would have been a killer deal.

The 'light airforce blue' windowpane over the brown is a lovely combination to my eye.

Good Luck with your hunt in finding an orphan jacket in 'your' size to do a swap :)

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Thanks Paddy! I know it will make someone very, very happy. I really wish it was in my size, but I'm hoping someone out there has a similar-era orphan jacket that is a little smaller:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe