Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1936 Fieldmaster... it's done.

Custom79

One of the Regulars
You bet!

I am very much looking forward to receiving my Fieldmaster. I am also happy to be supporting Ken in his efforts to put out a quality product at a reasonable price.

You can be sure that I will keep you posted through this thread as I hear from Ken on how things are progressing.

Pictures will follow as soon as I have it on my head.

Regards.

C79

RBH said:
The Camptowns look good, let us in on what you think when it arrives.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations 79! Welcome to the Camptown Races!;)
You're going to love what you get from Ken, I can bet on it.
Please be sure to post pics once you get your purchase. Can't wait to see it.

Cheers!

Dan

Custom79

One of the Regulars
Will do.

Hi Dan.

You can bet I will be posting pictures once the hat arrives.

Quite excited about the whole thing.

Cheers.

C79

DanielJones said:
Congratulations 79! Welcome to the Camptown Races!;)
You're going to love what you get from Ken, I can bet on it.
Please be sure to post pics once you get your purchase. Can't wait to see it.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
More exciting news...

Here's some other exciting news. Ken will be coming out with a new hat called the "1957 Legend". It is basically a coming together between Camptown Hats & Adventurebilt Hats. Ken has received permission to use one of Steves blocks that enspired the Crystal Skull fedora. So starting around April 17th Ken will be taking pre-orders for the "Legend". This is very exciting news in that you can get a hat that will be a perfect match to the movie hat at a very fair price. It will have the well known hat bodies that Ken has been selling with the block by Adventurebilt. The interior label will also reflect this fact and acknowledgment to Steve.
As I find out more I will be sure to post the info. There, of course, will still be some details to hash out but it looks like the project is moving forward. We are most fortunate to be able to get not only accurate replicas of the movie hats but at reasonable prices. It sure has come a long way and it is very exciting.

Well 79 I can't wait to see what you get from Ken, I very positive you will love what you get right out of the box. Congratulations again!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Wow. Oversell. It's not done, it's nowhere near done, you just ordered it. :eusa_doh:

See you in three months. [huh]

Custom79

One of the Regulars
Lots to say

DanielJones - Thanks for the good wishes. I have great confidence in Ken and, when I spoke to him today, I related to him that since my decision, I have experienced no buyers remorse.

I, too, have no doubt that I will be extremely impressed with what he sends me.

I am a leather carver-maker and I tend to take a long time to produce a piece, either for myself or a friend/customer.

Jake-Fink - If it takes that much time, I am quite happy to wait. Ken is well aware that this is my first fedora order and that I have placed my confidence in him.

I will be pleased to post pictures as soon as my Camptown arrives.

Cheers to all.

C79

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You are quit welcome C79! Trust me, this is not oversell, I dig on my hats from Ken. I'm sure you will love yours too. For me, customer service is the end all be all. Mix that with an excellent product and you have a winning combination.
On top of it all I am very excited about his new collaboration with Adventurebilt as well.
Your hat will be well worth the wait. Three months beats a year in waiting. It starts out a tad stiff out of the box, but you play with it for a while to begins to soften up and gain it's own character. It's a pleasure to shape & shift into what comes to mind. And, it holds up to the handling.

Cheers!

Dan

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
DanielJones said:
You are quit welcome C79! Trust me, this is not oversell, I dig on my hats from Ken. I'm sure you will love yours too. For me, customer service is the end all be all. Mix that with an excellent product and you have a winning combination.
On top of it all I am very excited about his new collaboration with Adventurebilt as well.
Your hat will be well worth the wait. Three months beats a year in waiting. It starts out a tad stiff out of the box, but you play with it for a while to begins to soften up and gain it's own character. It's a pleasure to shape & shift into what comes to mind. And, it holds up to the handling.

Cheers!

Dan

Ha ha! Oops.

I didn't mean that the hats were being oversold. Not at all. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I meant that the thread title was overselling the content of the thread. "It's done" is a little misleading since so far nothing at all is actually done, unless placing an order is an interesting acccomplishment.

I just felt tricked into looking at a thread with nothing to show me... yet.

So, I'll pop back later, when there are pics.

fatwoul

Practically Family
jake_fink said:
...I just felt tricked into looking at a thread with nothing to show me... yet...

Because reading this thread took so much out of your day? Come on now, the thread title might be an exaggeration, but the decision surrounding a person's first hat is not a small one, and I think Custom79 was just looking to share that decision with the forum.

Custom79 - I have continued to be very happy with Fieldmaster #23. It's a tough hat - the one I go to during colder, wetter weather - and is in my regular rotation.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
jake_fink said:
Ha ha! Oops.

I didn't mean that the hats were being oversold. Not at all. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I meant that the thread title was overselling the content of the thread. "It's done" is a little misleading since so far nothing at all is actually done, unless placing an order is an interesting acccomplishment.

I just felt tricked into looking at a thread with nothing to show me... yet.

So, I'll pop back later, when there are pics.

Jake: Ah, I see. a mutual misunderstanding. Sorry about that.
Please do pop back when the pics are in.

Fatwoul: Would love to see what it looks like now. How hase it faired in the "colder wetter weather"?

Cheers!

Dan

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
Because reading this thread took so much out of your day? Come on now, the thread title might be an exaggeration, but the decision surrounding a person's first hat is not a small one, and I think Custom79 was just looking to share that decision with the forum.

Custom79 - I have continued to be very happy with Fieldmaster #23. It's a tough hat - the one I go to during colder, wetter weather - and is in my regular rotation.

Yeah.

And now you have forced me to type 24 more words and thus lose another thirty-three seconds of my life. Curse you.

RBH

Bartender
fatwoul said:

FATS!!!! Where you been old friend!!!! Great hearing from you!!!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Custom79

One of the Regulars
An explanation.

My intent was indeed to share with my fellow FL'rs that I had made a momentous decision.

There was no malice aforethought with regard to the title.

My apologies to anyone who clicked on the thread and was disappointed.

My thanks to those who have offered words of congratulations and encouragement.

(now that was wordy!!)

In good spirits.

C79

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Custom79 said:
My intent was indeed to share with my fellow FL'rs that I had made a momentous decision.

There was no malice aforethought with regard to the title.

My apologies to anyone who clicked on the thread and was disappointed.

My thanks to those who have offered words of congratulations and encouragement.

(now that was wordy!!)

In good spirits.

C79

I didn't really think you were trying to ruin my day. :eek:

I'll just slip out now, unitl you post those pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust