Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Half Belt Slimfit Aero Jacket...just got it today...

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I got my Aero 1930s Half Belt Slimfit jacket today. I like it a lot. It has zips on the handwarmer pockets since I ride a motorcycle, a cool red drill liner (I'll have to get some pictures of the liner for you guys!), a great button-on brown fur collar, nickel hardware, and some added length in both the body and arms. This is a size 42. For a quick fit comparison, I tried on a late-1930s Hercules Half Belt jacket (one that I've been pretty much dreaming of) and the Aero was the exact same fit with one exception. The Aero has a larger upper back piece...no biggie... Although most of these 1930s Half Belt Slimfit jackets were pre-sold to folks like me (a 44 was being packed up to go to Oakland, CA when I picked mine up), I know that there's at least a 42 left...yet that might be it.....I think I'll try to sell the 42 tomorrow at work...Commission!!! These suckers really are nice! Right up there with the Vanson Enfield jackets!

Just thought I'd share the pictures with ya!!! Hope ya all like 'em!!!

Oh, and as long as I’m sharing pictures with you guys, I’ll tack on a supermoto picture from yesterday. I ran my fastest lap time ever at Pacific Grand Prix! It was hella fun...totally like slalom skiing, but on a dirtbike with 17 inch wheels!!!

65980_1667541089282_1259942369_1748611_3787922_n.jpg

65980_1667541129283_1259942369_1748612_450995_n.jpg

34403_1666319858752_1259942369_1746482_7435077_n.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Any close-ups of the collar attachments? I'm intrigued. Thinking of it for a couple of jackets I'd like mouton on, but would also want to wear in rain (not a fan of the feel of soggy mouton!).

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Edward said:
Any close-ups of the collar attachments? I'm intrigued. Thinking of it for a couple of jackets I'd like mouton on, but would also want to wear in rain (not a fan of the feel of soggy mouton!).

The collar is attached by two buttons (not snaps!) on the back of the neck. It's a clever way to put a collar on...one of the best I've seen to date and, with the buttons, keeps it era specific! I'll put up some pictures to you when I get a chance!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
HepKitty said:
nice jacket. where and how much?

HepKitty--The design was done by the owner of Insurrection in Seattle. She's selling them for, I think, about around $1000.00...plus or minus 100 bucks...I forgot...???

Edward

Bartender
Great, thanks.:)

Mojo1975 said:
The collar is attached by two buttons (not snaps!) on the back of the neck. It's a clever way to put a collar on...one of the best I've seen to date and, with the buttons, keeps it era specific! I'll put up some pictures to you when I get a chance!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Edward said:
Great, thanks.:)

Edward--Here's how the collar is attached. It's a good way to do it...nice and simple! The buttons are sewn on from the middle of the collar, so you don't see anything on the outward face of the collar. If you wanted the collar more secure, you could attach a third and forth button on the far left and right ends of the collar, but, so far, just two buttons work pretty damn well! What do you think?

44965_1671650512015_1259942369_1758207_6435125_n.jpg

The photographs were taken just a few hours after the jacket was taken out of the box. Since then, my love for the jacket has skyrocketed. After wearing the jacket a bit, I've determined that the jacket is amazing...I wore it out riding yesterday and it's the ultimate motorcycle/casual jacket. I went to the mall and lunch and didn't feel all moto'ed out in the slightest...just stylish!!! I think that that's the way you want to work it in a casual motorcycle jacket around town.

Oh, and also, I'm sooooooo glad I went with long sleeves because, as the jacket breaks in, the arm creases really raise the arms up quite a bit. I wish we would have taken pictures after the jacket was worn a bit. They would have looked way, way, way better. I'm definitely a 26" to 26.5" sleeve guy!!! Overall, too, the jacket would have looked way, way, way better if we had photographed after I was allowed to wear the jacket for a few days!!!

These jackets are incredible!!!

Aether

One of the Regulars
Very, very nice Mojo.

Great fit on you, and I love collar. Looks like I'm going to have to email Amanda@Aero with yet more changes to my order:eusa_doh:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Nice jacket (and boots!)

Not sure about the pose though...unless the was a catalogue shoot going on ;)

LOL...yes, the picture was for a retail website...so I know it's a bit funny. Yet, the dumb posing gets me a discount on Aero, Vanson, Buco, Schott, and Insurrection gear ; - ) !!! It's definitely worth it!!!

I love the boots! Here they are when they were new! The design is a stitch for stitch reproduction of a late-1940s Acme PeeWee boot! The yellow vamp and heel counter stitching is amazing! Above, you're seeing the boots after years of wear and tear--everything from moto maintenance to city riding. They're freakin' bullet proof!!! Anyway, here they are when they were new:

8795151.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Edward--Here's how the collar is attached. It's a good way to do it...nice and simple! The buttons are sewn on from the middle of the collar, so you don't see anything on the outward face of the collar. If you wanted the collar more secure, you could attach a third and forth button on the far left and right ends of the collar, but, so far, just two buttons work pretty damn well! What do you think?

44965_1671650512015_1259942369_1758207_6435125_n.jpg

The photographs were taken just a few hours after the jacket was taken out of the box. Since then, my love for the jacket has skyrocketed. After wearing the jacket a bit, I've determined that the jacket is amazing...I wore it out riding yesterday and it's the ultimate motorcycle/casual jacket. I went to the mall and lunch and didn't feel all moto'ed out in the slightest...just stylish!!! I think that that's the way you want to work it in a casual motorcycle jacket around town.

Oh, and also, I'm sooooooo glad I went with long sleeves because, as the jacket breaks in, the arm creases really raise the arms up quite a bit. I wish we would have taken pictures after the jacket was worn a bit. They would have looked way, way, way better. I'm definitely a 26" to 26.5" sleeve guy!!! Overall, too, the jacket would have looked way, way, way better if we had photographed after I was allowed to wear the jacket for a few days!!!

These jackets are incredible!!!

Thanks for posting that - looks great, and I'll definitely keep it in mind for future jackets. Looks to be a much more secure fitting piece than the variations I've seen from other companies (less high end, of course) over the years.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Wow!!
Amazing jacket Mojo. The detachable collar is great, I wish I had have ordered for my LHB.

Wear all your beauties in a good health.

Olli

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
One of the folks who bought one of these jackets (it didn't fit the person she bought it for) is selling it on the Bay. A good deal...for sure! Click here!

I also saw that she had a very, very cool horsehide Schott jacket modeled after the 1950s Beck cafe' racers. Here that sucker is--click here!

I'm loving breaking in this jacket. It's a blast. The process of making it mine is just too cool. Here the jacket is after about a month of wearing it!

37937_1692577475176_1259942369_1795717_5923770_n.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Well.... I've long been planning a thirties half-belt in both black and brown.... Had intended the black first (I have more brown leather jackets now than I do black), but a deal came up on one on the Aero sale section ,and it's now on the way to me. Of course, I've completely convinced myself that when it arrives it won't be the right size.... no reflection on Amanda and the Aero team, purely my own paranoia! :eusa_doh: I'm working on the basis of the measurements provided by Amanda, plus the understanding I have gathered that my Bootlegger is of a similar fit.... I hope I'm not wrong! Soon find out.....

Traut

Familiar Face
I snagged the one on ebay. Thanks for the head's up Mojo. I can't wait for it to cool off into the 70s. Do you know if the one I bought was also lengthened like yours? Thanks. HT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe